- Posted by:
- Join a Friendly and Supportive Team within a Rapidly Expanding, Well Recognized Healthcare Company
- Enjoy the Flexibility of a Casual, Work-From-Home Position with the Support of an Established Clinical Coding Team
- Specialised Oncology / Haematology Casemix
- Competitive Hourly Rate with Casual Loading + Super
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care and is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia.
About the role
A casual, remote-based (WFH) position is now available to support our established clinical coding team. The overall purpose of the position is to provide timely and accurate coding and grouping of medical oncology and haematology day cases using ICD10AM & ACHI – 11th Edition according to Australian Coding Standards, and accurate reporting to state health authorities, cancer registries, and private health funds.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Timely and accurate coding of diagnoses, procedures, complications and morphology, and diagnosis related grouping for medical oncology and haematology day cases using ICD10AM & ACHI – 11th Edition according to Australian Coding Standards.
- Timely and accurate reporting of data to state health authorities, cancer registries, private health funds, and associated data reconciliation / correction.
- Share the clinical coding workload with other team members to ensure a fair distribution of work, and that coding for all Icon Day Hospitals is completed within TAT KPIs.
- Actively participate in coding quality and education activities.
- Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings.
- System testing when required, to ensure health information system functionality meets ongoing business (clinical coding) requirements.
We are looking for the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to code accurately and in a timely manner using ICD-10AM & ACHI – 11th Edition (minimum of 3 years’ experience).
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology, Australian Coding Standards and AR-DRGs.
- Clinical coding experience in a private hospital setting (preferred).
- Oncology / Haematology clinical coding experience (preferred).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills, ability to work in a team environment and to plan, coordinate and organise workload effectively.
- Mandatory: Formal qualification in Clinical Coding.
- Preferred: Tertiary qualification in Health Information Management and eligibility for full membership of HIMAA.
What’s in it for you
In this role, you’ll enjoy a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
How to Apply:
If you have the experience and qualities we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
Please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. Please include your resume and a cover letter.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.