- Posted by:
Senior Clinical Coder
- Full- Time
- National Capital Private Hospital - Canberra ACT
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Clinical Coder to join National Capital Private Hospital.
To be successful in this position, considerable experience in clinical coding, strong time management and problem solving skills will be required.
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
About Us: We work together for better care.
- Healthscope is a leading private provider of integrated health services in Australia. We are focused on providing exceptional services to our customers across 44 hospitals as well as market leading international pathology operations in New Zealand.
- Our team of over 18,000 employees understand that healthcare is a special business, 24/7, 365 days a year our team provide quality care and positively contribute to the clinical outcomes of our patients.
- HIMAA Certification in Clinical Coding with experience in ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS
- Proven experience in clinical coding
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Strong organizational skills in planning, prioritizing and managing workloads Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Sound Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Demonstrated understanding in WebPAS patient information system
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient’s lives.
Applications close: 27th October 2021
For further enquiries: Jessica Kearney, Medical Records Manager 02 6222 6687
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application process. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details for 2 professional referees.