- Posted by:
Permanent Full Time / Part Time Opportunity
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
Peninsula Private Hospital is looking for an experienced Clinical Coder or senior Health Information professional to join our coding team. We are looking for someone with a commitment to high quality coded data, expanding services, an increasingly diverse case mix, auditing and training opportunities. We offer a flexible work environment and extensive support network of Health Information Managers, Clinical coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators.
We are committed to developing your coding skills and professional development is supported and encouraged.
- Recognised degree or qualification in ICD-10-AM coding
- Minimum 2 to 5 years hospital medical record coding experience covering a variety of specialities
- Experience in the use of 3M Codefinder software;
- Knowledge of health fund contracts and Australian Revised Diagnostic Related Groups (ARDRG);
- Sound IT skills
- Excellent organisational & communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise;
- Experience with Auditing
- Commitment to high standards of service through a continuous improvement focus;
Peninsula Private Hospital is a comprehensive 344 bed acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside town of Frankston in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 226 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 30 Oncology beds which include 15 day infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Our specialists, nurses, and allied health practitioners have a reputation for excellence throughout the area. Built in 1999, the hospital is one of the newest and most advanced facilities of its kind. As a member of the Ramsay Health Care Network we enjoy access to a range of resources and expertise throughout Australia.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
All new employees
- must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Michaela Marnell on MarnellM@ramsayhealth.com.au