- Posted by:
- Be Part of Something Greater!
We have an amazing Permanent full-time Clinical Coder position available at the Mater Hospital
The successful applicant will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of patient records using ICD 10 AM.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management) or equivalent, or Clinical Coding qualifications from HIMAA or equivalent
- At least two years clinical coding experience
- Previous experience with 3M Codefinder software
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up to date knowledge of Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards and be prepared to participate in performance and quality improvement activities.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
• A supportive and friendly atmosphere
• Ongoing education support and comprehensive orientation
• Easy access to public transport.
• Salary packaging (increase your take home pay)
Applicants are requested to apply online and to address the selection criteria - located in the PD attached to the ad. Applications should include a statement addressing the selection criteria to be considered. When completing the application process, you will be asked to attach your CV. Please ensure that your attachments are either in MS Word or PDF file formats and that they have been scanned with virus protection software
Criminal record and/or child protection checks will be conducted and will form part of the selection criteria for this role. Employment with the Mater Hospital Sydney is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity. As part of SVHA’s commitment to the federal government’s employment parity initiative, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.