- February 24, 2020
- Posted by:
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Berwick Hospital are currently seeking a Clinical Coder to join the Health Information team. As a Clinical coder you are to assist in the administration of the health information service, to deliver quality patient care through a complete medical record that ensures the patient's right to confidentiality.
This will be offered on a permanent part time and casual basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Eligibility for HIMAA membership; and/or successful completion of the ICD-10-AM coding course; and/or possession of a suitable Health Information Manager qualification.
- Minimum of two years’ experience coding in an acute hospital environment including ICU, CCU, Maternity and Cath Lab.
- Experience in using ICD-10-AM and ACS (9th edition).
- Experience with CodeExpert preferred.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Desire to contribute in a positive way to our very busy “can do” team.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask to achieve desired results.
- Accurate and efficient keyboard, computer and data entry skills.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of coding, and ability to meet hospital and Group KPI’s.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.