- Posted by:
John Flynn Private Hospital - Tugun, QLD
- Permanent part time opportunity 72 hours per fortnight
- Committed to providing career opportunities & development programs for staff
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and family commitments
About the Role
John Flynn Private Hospital provides a wide range of health care services including comprehensive cardiac services, general and orthopaedic surgery, cancer services, medical, maternity and paediatrics, renal dialysis, day surgery and rehabilitation services.
In this role you will support the Manager of Health Information Services and ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relative legislative requirement. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards.
To succeed in this role you will be an experienced coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities. You will have excellent organisations skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also demonstrate;
- Successful completion of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 11th Edition education
- Minimum two (2) years coding experience with varied and complex casemix
- Practical knowledge and experience in current disease classification
- Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’s) (desirable)
- High level of computer literacy
This role requires an individual who works well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals.
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
John Flynn provides a wide range of health care services with a 24 hour emergency department, comprehensive cardiac services, general and orthopaedic surgery, cancer services, medical, maternity and paediatrics, renal dialysis, day surgery and rehabilitation services.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Stephen Connors on 07 5598 9035