The Health Information Management Association of Australia Ltd (HIMAA) is the peak professional body for health information management (HIM) professionals in Australia. It has been serving the health information management profession since 1949.
HIMAA promotes and supports our members as the universally recognised specialists in information management at all levels of the healthcare system. We do this by:
- Developing strategy to position the profession positively in the healthcare environment
- Advocating policy and positions to better enable health information management professionals to contribute effectively to health care delivery
- Developing quality and practice standards to support the standing of our members in their workplaces
- Ensuring workforce supply through quality education and training
- Representing industry interest
HIMAA is the peak professional body for Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders. Become a member today!
HIMAA courses are designed to prepare students for employment as Clinical Coders and to improve existing Clinical Coders’ skills and knowledge.
The HIMAA Research Advisory Committee works on research priority areas, provides guidance on publishing research and administers the Research Grant Scheme