- Posted by:
PECT Senior Clinician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Psychiatric Emergency Care Team (PECT) Clinician to join the PECT team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a Full Time, Part Time or Casual basis.
Reporting to the Psychiatric Emergency Care Team Manager the successful applicant will play an important role in the undertaking of a full range of clinical duties including the provision of a high standard of acute clinical assessment, evidence based treatment and support to consumers experiencing significant mental health difficulties and their carers/families within LRH Emergency Department. Telephone based mental health triage to the Gippsland region is also part of this role.
The successful applicant will be required to
- Conduct assessments in a timely manner as determined by risk, urgency, distress, dysfunction and disability utilizing CMI (Client Management Interface) document.
- Provide high quality mental health care in triage and the emergency department.
- To provide recovery orientated practice using the Optimal Health Program.
- Completion of safety plans in collaboration with consumer’s carers, significant others and the multi-disciplinary team
- Use current evidence based interventions and collaborate with community organisations to meet identified needs
- Monitor the consumer's physical/medical state and associated treatments in conjunction with their mental state and associated treatments
- Provide pharmacological/psycho-education specific to the consumer’s requirements
- Provide direct clinical work including brief interventions to individuals and carers/families.
- Facilitate information exchange to the consumers General Practitioner and other services related to the consumer’s needs.
- Undertake regular reviews of Category Fs and Gs in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team
- Adhere to responsible rostering and leave management practices
- Adhere to organisational documentation guidelines when recording treatment and support in a comprehensive, factual and sequential manner
- Participate in clinical supervision
- Work in accordance with the LRH values, policy and procedures, all relevant
- Legislation and DHHS directions.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- The ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to mental health consumers
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2014 and other relevant legislation.
- Capacity to work effectively within a team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external services.
- Working knowledge of NSQHS
- Ability to work independently
For further information about this position please contact Roshmon Ramachandran - Acting PECT Manager on 5173 8279
Why work for LRH?
A leading Gippsland employer, Latrobe Regional Hospital is Gippsland's specialist referral and trauma centre located 150km east of Melbourne. We are a purpose-built teaching hospital caring for a population of more than 260,000 people.Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency, intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
- A friendly and supportive team
- High quality patient care
- A collaborative and innovative working environment
- Modern Facilities
- Electronic Medical Records
Our unique difference:
- Regional lifestyle opportunities
- Access to excellent schools, health and transport services
- Generous salary packaging benefits, paid parental leave and flexible working conditions
- Expanding specialist services with future redevelopments & expansions
Our commitment to you:
LRH is recognized as a leading learning hospital providing ongoing career opportunities. We provide a safe and rewarding work environment for all of our staff and have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership excellence, education and training.
Now is an exciting time to join our team with significant growth on the horizon.
Diversity and Inclusion
At LRH we value workforce diversity and inclusion, where individual uniqueness is embraced. We value diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexuality.
At LRH we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
We at LRH strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People & Culture team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.