- August 10, 2020
- Posted by:
- Join Australia's largest private healthcare provider
- Grow your career
- Permanent full time
An exciting opportunity exists for a Regional Coding Auditor & Educator role in the Eastern Region. The Eastern Region includes 23 facilities located within NSW.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder with recent auditing and education experience to join our team.
The successful applicant will undertake regional clinical coding audits, develop and implement coding education, and where it is identified that changes or improvements could be made which will improve the workflow and accuracy of clinical coding, the applicant will work at local, regional and national levels to implement and participate in these changes.
This position which reports to the Regional Health Information Manager – Eastern Region will also work closely with the Revenue Management Group in relation to the correct interpretation of health fund contracts, ensuring that any contract changes are correctly applied when coding episodes.
The successful applicant must:
- Have successfully completed HIMAA Clinical Coding Course (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ recent experience as a clinical coding including complex and varied casemix
- Extensive private hospital coding experience with an understanding of private health insurance rules and funding models
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of clinical coding using the current ICD-AM and the ability to apply up to date coding standards and practice
- Have the ability to travel to sites as required
- Be able to work within a team environment or independently, using initiative to investigate concerns and participate in the development of audit programs
- Have well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Have effective communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, planning, and organisation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks, delivering results within timeframes and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- High level computer literacy using Microsoft Office and 3M Codefinder
It’s desirable the successful applicant will have:
- Have successfully competed Associate Diploma or Bachelor of Applied Science, Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Have successfully completed the Certificate of Clinical Coding Auditing (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a clinical coding auditor
- Experience using Meditech
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across 11 countries across Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe. Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the Australian health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management, patient care and running high-quality facilities.
Enquiries can be directed to:
Regional Health Information Manager – Eastern Region
M: 0438 276 766
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees.
Applications close: Monday 24 August 2020