- July 29, 2020
- Posted by:
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
This role reports directly to the Deputy Director, Health Information Services.
- This role directly supervisors the Scheduling Application Support team which includes an Enterprise Scheduling Management (ESM) Coordinator (AO5), Scheduling Application Facility Coordinator (AO5), and a Support Officer (AO4).
- This role has financial and human resource delegations in accordance with the HHS’ Human Resource and Financial Delegations Schedule.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide activity-based funding expertise as it relates to outpatient occasions of service against the national health funding model;
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Scheduling Application Support team to ensure that critical business application services provide the necessary capability, value, data quality and reporting required to support Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) Outpatient Services.
- Provide subject matter technical advice and skills in regards to the ESM system.
- Manage quality improvement projects associated with the use of ESM within the RBWH.
- Leads, proactively manages and develops the team to efficiently monitor, manage and provide expert advice on the use of ESM in the RBWH.
- Provides leadership and decision-making support to the Deputy Director and Director of the Health Information Services.
- Utilise reporting systems to monitor outpatient activity and identify areas requiring management and optimisation in line with funding models and activity targets.
- Identifies and implements best practices for optimising workflows and configuration to deliver improved system performance and generation of activity-based funding.
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and quality of patient, financial and related data within ESM.
- Works collaboratively with business representatives and key stakeholders to understand service requirements ensuring service levels remain aligned to the changing business requirements and evolving delivery capabilities.
- Works collaboratively with peers across Health Information Services to ensure alignment and consistency of end to end processes across outpatient services.
- Manages a quality improvement strategy including regular audits of system data and the development of process and procedures to rectify operational problems.
- Participate and represent RBWH on the Outpatient Operational Governance Advisory Group (OOGAG) and vote on statewide ACCCs.
- Provide advice and assistance on the efficient and effective use of the ieMR application in an outpatient setting.
- Design and develop business reports using the Cerner Discern Visual Explorer application to meet the needs of the client.
- Design and develop business letters using Cerner Command Language (CCL) script writing tool.
- Represent RBWH as an ESM Subject Matter Expert and liaise with Digital Application Services (DAS) Working Groups and the Cerner Corporation regarding rectification of system problems, upgrades, user acceptance testing or system enhancements.
- Comply with and utilise procedures, policies, regulations and standards which impact upon the position, including contemporary human resource management requirements and practices, such as workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.