- Posted by:
- Permanent full-time leadership opportunity
- Make a real difference leading our Health Information Services team within Victoria's largest not-for-profit private hospital group
- Based at Epworth Richmond and Epworth Freemasons in East Melbourne
In this permanent full-time role you will be responsible for managing the clerical and scanning teams (20 employees) in our Health Information Services (HIS) team at Epworth Richmond and Epworth Freemasons. A focus of this role will be the ongoing review of manual tasks in HIS. This will involve the establishment of automated processes through the implementation of robotics and automation software, in order to support our current resources and optimise work efficiency.
This role will play a key part in the leadership of the medical record destruction project of both scanned and historic medical records. Implementation of the Health Information Exchange secure messaging project will also be a requirement of this role. Epworth supports flexible modes of working and in this role some of your hours can be worked remotely.
To be successful in this role...
- You will have a passion for driving change using process automation, robotics and digitisation.
- You will lead the medical record destruction program and archiving requirements of paper based clinical documents.
- You will liaise with the BOSSnet Development Manager and other HIS Site Managers regarding the digital medical record.
- You will provide training and liaise with clinical and administrative staff across our hospitals to achieve outcomes that both support patient care and ensure compliance within HIS processes.
- You will plan and participate in Quality activities to facilitate Accreditation requirements at both departmental and organisational level.
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Previous experience managing Health Information Services
- Ideally worked with digital medical records and process automation through the use of robotic technology.
What we offer you
- Access to salary packaging of up to $9,010 p.a.
- Discounted private health insurance
- Zero or reduced out-of-pocket expenses for health services at Epworth
- Flexible working hours
- Access to the largest educational scholarship program of its kind in Australia
Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not for profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation at 11 locations across Melbourne and Geelong. At Epworth, our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Supported by world-class facilities, we integrate clinical practice with education and research in order to deliver outstanding patient care every day.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
Note: Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.