- Posted by:
Permanent Part Time Hours Available
If you are seeking to expand your career, enhance your Casemix and Clinical Coding skill set, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the West Gippsland Healthcare Group in the role of Health Information Manager (HIM) / Clinical Coder. The successful applicant will work within a highly motivated and dedicated Casemix team working closely with Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health professionals.
As part of our team you will be responsible for accurately and comprehensively coding inpatient episodes within the timelines specified by DHHS, the identification of valid admissions, creating and processing documentation queries, maintaining currency of all coding related changes and working closely with all members of the Casemix team and clinicians. The successful applicant will be supported by Casemix team with training and participation in the continuous education programs.
We have part time hours available- 16 hours per week at this stage, however this may increase to 32 per week. Please clearly outline in your application how many hours you are seeking.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management, or Certificate IV in Clinical Classification or equivalent
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and document control
- Understanding of DHHS Criteria for admission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills working part of an effective team
- Relevant computer skills applicable to Clinical Coding and supporting services
- Outstanding organisational and daily management skills, maintaining work load to ensure that deadlines are met
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- 3 years minimum Clinical Coding experience working in public/private hospital
Further information can be found in the position description
Working with us
All appointments with the West Gippsland Healthcare Group are subject to the satisfactory return of professional reference checks, a National Police Record Clearance and a current Employee Working with Children Check. All employees must hold current entitlement to work within Australia. A six month probationary period applies to all new appointments.
Further details and how to apply
Applications must be submitted via our recruitment portal (www.wghg.mercury.com.au) and must include a current CV, response to the selection criteria and a brief covering letter. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide at least 2 professional referees. If you have any further queries, please contact Robyn Week- Casemix Manager on 5623 0601.
Applications will be accepted until 28th August, please apply at your earliest convenience as we may commence shortlisting prior to this date.
As an inclusive employer, committed to improving diversity and equity in our workforce, we encourage applications from all parts of our community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, LGBTI people, and people with lived experience of disability.
As a Child Safe organisation, West Gippsland Healthcare Group promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with disability.