- Posted by:
Health Information Services Team Leader
Are you a competent administrative professional with exceptional decision making skills? An exciting opportunity exists for a full time HIS Team Leader to join our team.
To be successful in this position, considerable experience in an administrative environment, strong time management skills and customer services skills will be required. The hours of the HIS Team Leader will be onsite 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Norwest Private Hospital is a 277 bed high acuity facility located in Sydney’s rapidly developing north west and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. Please visit our website www.norwestprivatehospital.com.au for further information about our hospital and its services.
As the HIS Team Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Streamline the HIS medical records (administrative) department on a daily basis
- Guidance of HIS administrative staff
- Processing of medico legal and patient requests for information
- Effective teamwork and communication with all staff.
- Sound administrative experience
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in a HIS / medical records department within a hospital setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience using WebPAS (or similar) patient administration systems
- Processing of medico-legal and other requests for patient information in accordance with relevant privacy legislation
What we can offer you:
- Supportive management
- Hands on role within the Health Information Services (HIS) department of Norwest Private Hospital.
- Close to shopping centre and public transport
- Reduced car park rates
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient’s lives.
Applications close: 28th June 2021
For Further Enquiries: Kylie Russell, Chief Health Information Manager, Kylie.Russell@healthscope.com.au or (02) 8882 8390
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check and working with children check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.