- Posted by:
HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICES MANAGER
- Full time opportunity with part time hours considered
- Colac Area Health is a unique integrated health service comprising of over 500 employees, providing Acute Care, Aged Care, Community and Allied Health Services to a catchment population of approximately 30 000.
- Salary packaging including remote area incentives, novated car leasing arrangements; meal and entertainment allowance
The core focus of the role
The Health Information Services Manager holds a key leadership role within Colac Area Health for the coordination and management of Health Information Services. You will be responsible for ensuring best practice, driving efficiencies, building stakeholder partnership whilst making a valuable contribution to the continuous improvement framework.
- Leading the Health Information Service team to support decision making and improved patient outcomes through timely and accurate capture of health information.
- Analysis of clinical data input, WIES/NWAU optimisation, reporting, training and ongoing development of systems and processes in order to improve the accuracy and efficiency of department operations.
- To manage the Health Information Service functions including:
- Health Records Management
- Freedom of Information and Release of Information
- Clinical Coding
- Provision of VHES data
- Submission of mandatory Funder Reports for Acute and Community/Family Services
- The transition from paper based record keeping to electronic.
- To coordinate and over-see projects relating to Patient Administration and Clinical Systems across Colac Area Health.
A bit about you
To have success in the role you will be a motivating and engaging leader, who can influence change. You will also have:
- Experience in Patient Administration and Clinical Systems with an understanding of Clinical Coding.
- Confident in communicating with employees at all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience promoting a culture of continuous improvement, preferably in a health services setting.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Gaye McCulloch, Director Capital Projects and Compliance. Telephone: 0400 183 270.
Applications for the above position should be lodged at https://colacareahealth.mercury.com.au/ by C.O.B. Monday 30th August 2021.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Victorian Police Check and complete a Statutory Declaration as per the Aged Care Principles prior to commencement of employment.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.