- March 3, 2020
- Posted by:
We are seeking an experienced Health Information Services Manager at Beleura Private Hospital.
This is a permanent Full-Time position that will see you leading our busy Health Information Services team.
About the Role
In this role you responsible for the administration and management of Health Information Services to ensure the appropriate management of patient records and that data is collected, collated and managed in line with site, state and federal legislative requirements.
You will be pivotal in providing leadership and guidance to the diverse multi-disciplined team of clinical coders and administrative professionals and will be accountable for the physical and financial resources of the team.
This role directly reports to the Commercial Manager of the Hospital.
To succeed in this role you will be a skilled Health Information manager with extensive experience across hospital medical records coding in a variety of specialities. You will bring a highly-developed leadership skillset with a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also demonstrate;
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management
- Minimum five (3-5) years coding experience with varied and complex casemix
- Practical knowledge and experience in current disease classification
- Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’s) (desirable)
- Membership with Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) (desirable)
On offer is an annual salary range of $105,000-$110,000 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Beleura Private Hospital is a 157 bed fully accredited private hospital located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about one hour south-east of Melbourne in the seaside town of Mornington. Beleura Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of specialties including medical & surgical care, high dependency unit, oncology & palliative care units, chemotherapy day ward, psychiatric unit, alcohol rehabilitation unit, cardiology, pathology and radiology.
Culture and Benefits of joining the Beleura Team
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health and leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware and software and travel/ holiday discounts.
- Staff wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free car parking, uniform and subsidised meals.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Michael West on WestM@ramsayhealth.com.au.