- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital are now seeking applications for the position of Health Information Services Coordinator/Clinical Coder.
In this role you will be required to lead and provide support to the Health Information Services team to deliver a quality Health Record / Health Information Service to key internal and external customers and to be principally responsible for the coding of all inpatient discharges according to National Coding Standards.
This position will be offered on a permanent basis, working 76 hours per fortnight. Applicants looking for part-time hours will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Progression towards or completion of a degree in Bachelor of Science - Health Information Management, or equivalent.
- Completed the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA Certificate IV in Clinical Classification or equivalent.
- Minimum one year or recent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of casemix and diagnosis related groups (DRG)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Openness and optimism to continually identify and improve efficiencies in the Health Information Service area.
- Strong advocate for change and ability to lead and work confidently with teams in adapting to change.
- Experience in use of patient information systems, word processing, spreadsheets and database/data reporting software.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
Applications must be submitted online at www.sjog.org.au/careers, under eRecruit Job Number 10558
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.