- Posted by:
HIM / Clinical Coder
Part-Time Opportunity (45 hours per fortnight)
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
Waverley Private Hospital is looking for an experienced Clinical Coder to join our team. We are looking for someone with a commitment to high quality coded data. We offer a flexible work environment and the support of Health Information Managers, Clinical coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators throughout our network.
We are committed to developing your coding skills and professional development is supported and encouraged.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or qualification in ICD-10-AM coding
- Minimum 2 years hospital medical record coding experience covering a variety of specialities
- Excellent knowledge of Clinical Coding Principals, guidelines & Australian Coding Standards
- Successful completion of IPHA ICD-10AM 12th Edition Online Education
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Experience in the use of 3M Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Experience with Meditech patient information system
- Working knowledge of health fund contracts and Australian Revised Diagnostic Related Groups (AR-DRG)
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98-bed acute/surgical facility located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Waverley Private Hospital has been an active contributor to the healthcare needs of the local communities of Eastern and South Eastern Melbourne since 1972. We pride ourselves on providing excellent standards of healthcare in a friendly and caring environment. Our Casemix includes Orthopaedics, Neuro-Spinal, Endoscopy, General Surgery, ENT, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, IVF, Paediatrics, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Ophthalmology, Urology, Pain Management and Day Chemotherapy.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Chantal Grinyer, Chief Health Information Manager