- Posted by:
- The large team of Health Information Managers (HIM) working at The Royal Melbourne Hospital pride themselves in high quality coding and new staff members are supported by the Coding Manager, Deputy Coding Manager, Senior Auditor Educator and the four Coding Educators
- Fixed Term Full Time Position
- Based in the Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- For the Health Information Managers there is the lure of the complex and challenging casemix that only one of Victoria’s largest public hospitals can offer as well as the prospect of career diversity and professional development.
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of current Australian Coding Standards
- Have a thorough understanding of Victorian specific coding advice and activity based funding policies
- Achieve internal and external coding deadlines
- Assist in completion of outstanding diagnosis coding as a priority
- Completion of a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar coding position
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Demonstrated experience coding moderate to complex inpatient episodes using ICD 10 AM
- Sound knowledge of Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect with Helen Joglou on 9342 6431 or Kate Armenis on 9342 6430.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.