- Posted by:
Health Information Manager
- Permanent Full Time leadership opportunity - Part Time/Flexible arrangements considered
- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
About the role
The Health Information Services (HIS) Manager is responsible for the management, administration and supervision of the HIS Department at Calvary Hobart, ensuring the provision of medical records allow for efficient patient care and retrieval of data for research and management purposes.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the HIS Manager also ensures the provision of high quality coded data produced in a timely manner, and health information data for legal, management, statistical, research and data collection.
This is a full time position, based at Calvary Lenah Valley hospital.
What you bring
- Qualification in Clinical Coding/Health information management
- Eligibility for full graduate membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Proven understanding of the concepts underlying case mix classification systems, their uses and other related issues
- Proven detailed knowledge, skill and experience with morbidity classification systems
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate with a wide range of groups
- Proven ability to educate and motivate all levels of staff regarding health information management issues, including the development of training courses
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, click here and apply now!