- Posted by:
- Limited Term, Full Time
- Richmond location
- Leadership opportunity!
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Turning Point is a national treatment, research and education centre that provides leadership in the alcohol and drug, gambling and mental health sectors.
About the role
The role is responsible for leading the data coding team responsible for inputting data from a range of sources within the National Addiction and Mental Health Surveillance Unit (NAMHSU). The role is to provide oversight of this team and to work with research teams across Turning Point to provide timely, complete, accurate and high-quality surveillance data. In this role, the incumbent will ensure that the coding and database team are able to provide coded ambulance data to the reporting and analysis team so that the data can be used to meet stakeholder requirements for reporting and academic outputs.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience in managing a large and diverse team to meet competing demands and priorities within timelines
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex multiple tasks, prioritising according to organisational goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and business development skills, including the ability to create and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
Desirable: • Familiarity with data quality standards, research processes and/or rigour associated with academic publication
Essential: • Experience in managing a large and diverse team to meet competing demands and priorities within timelines
Essential: • Demonstrated ability to manage complex multiple tasks, prioritising according to organisational goals and objectives
Essential: • Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and business development skills, including the ability to create and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders