- Posted by:
Be challenged & be rewarded!
If variety, flexibility and being part of an industry leading team is what you’re after, look no further as this position will take your career to new heights! You will be working for a national network of not for profit private hospitals with a unique focus on coding quality and adding value to the business. What sets us apart from our competitors is our internal audit tool that enables timely and detailed feedback to our coding teams on a daily basis, and our scanned medical records allow us to share resources and offer flexible working arrangements across the division.
Working from any of our office’s in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, you will also have the opportunity to work from home! Reporting to the Director Health Funding & Negotiations, you will be a key member of the Group Health Funding Team. In this position you will undertake a leadership role in coding decisions for the private division and tasks include:
- Conduct internal and external coding audits, including being on-site at a hospital for health fund DRG audits when required
- Involvement in health fund coding audits to minimise audit refunds
- Provide audit feedback and education to coding teams
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives
- Be engaged in Hospital Acquired Complication reviews
- Mentoring of new coders across the division
- Completion of ICD-10AM coding and DRG assignment
- Liaise with CDI and other hospital staff on documentation improvement initiatives
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter who has extensive experience in ICD-10 AM Coding and DRG assignment. With exceptional interpersonal skills, you will work both independently and as part of a team, with a focus on educating and leading others.
Additionally you will have:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Knowledge and experience with ICD-10AM Clinical Coding and Grouper versions
- Exposure to Private Hospital operations
- Exceptional time management skills
- Confidence in delivering education sessions to coding staff
- Experience with medical record scanning software
- Experience in working alongside health fund auditors
Working for us you will enjoy competitive remuneration and tax saving salary packaging benefits. SVHA is committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. As part of our commitment to the federal government employment parity initiative, we encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
If you believe you have the skills and experience, please submit your applications via ‘Apply’ link.