- Posted by:
Lismore Base Hospital
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Lvl 2
Remuneration: $98105.44 - $116361.04 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ245841
What you'll be doing
To implement and undertake a continuous coding audit plan at a district wide, facility and individual coder level and recommend options for continuous improvement.
Why you should consider applying
We can offer you:
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Help with further study and education
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Tired of big cities? Want to start your days sitting on your deck in the sun, enjoying a cup of coffee and listening to the birds? Or would you rather have a surf or a walk along the sand before work? Wonderful beaches, world heritage-listed national parks, hinterland villages, great food and fine wine, excellent private and public schools, warm and friendly staff are all waiting for you on the North Coast.
Where you’ll be working
Also known as the Rainbow Region, this area is blessed with stunning waterfalls, fertile farming land, artistic villages and relaxed seaside communities.
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
Please note, to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
Qualifications - External
- Recent clinical coding experience at tertiary level using ICD-10-AM & ACHI with a thorough understanding of the Australian Coding Standards.
- Demonstrate a high level understanding of Casemix, DRGs and Activity Based Funding models and their application within the health system.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of Patient Administration Systems (PAS), 3M Encoder and PICQ.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage a high workload to meet productivity targets and strict deadlines.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills to confidently and courteously communicate with people at all levels.
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel in the course of employment.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Patricia Mckinnon on Trish.Mckinnon@health.nsw.gov.au
Enquiries: Patricia Mckinnon on Trish.Mckinnon@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 05 August 2021