- Posted by:
Clinical Coder - Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Interesting Casemix
- Supportive team environment
- Part time or Full time roles available
Prince of Wales Private is seeking an experienced clinical coder to join our team on a part or full time basis. In this fast paced and varied environment you will take pride in your work, have a friendly and positive work attitude and a commitment to timely and accurate coding.
This role would be suitable for someone dedicated to coding who enjoys working in a fast paced role and working in a great team!
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team
Come and join our expert team of surgeons, specialist doctors, dedicated nurses and allied health professionals at Prince of Wales Private Hospital.
We are renowned for complex surgery, and have been independently recognised for excellence in clinical safety and service. And while we specialise in neurosurgery and cardiology, many Sydneysiders know us for being one of the state’s premier maternity hospitals, caring for more than 2,000 expectant parents every year. Supported by the latest technology and robotics, we offer a full range of surgical and medical services too, giving you the opportunity to work in the areas you love while also allowing you to further specialise in the clinical areas you want.
Even our location is unique. You’ll find us at Randwick, where we share a precinct with three other prestigious hospitals; Sydney Children’s Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Women and the Prince of Wales (public).
Joining our team means you’ll be supported by great team leaders, be part of a strong, innovative team who always strive for better, and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
So, if you’re unhappy, move to better. Apply now to join Prince of Wales Private Hospital team.
- Authority to Work in Australia
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 2 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG)
- Sound understanding of 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment
We care about your career at Healthscope.
No matter where you go within our community of care, you’ll be supported by great team leaders, be part of strong, innovative teams who always strive for better and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
We are the largest national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia. But why does that matter? Our team is made up of over 19,000 highly experienced people working across a range of roles and specialisations. Supported by some of the best doctors in Australia, we come together to strive for better, sharing learnings, supporting each other, celebrating successes and facing challenges together.
Joining us opens the door to endless opportunities. We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development, specialisation and education, and support our people to grow and flourish.
Applications close: 6th April 2022
To Apply: Please go to https://careers.healthscope.com.au/jobs/clinical-coder-9094
For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com