- July 21, 2020
- Posted by:
ABOUT THE POSITION
Mater Private Hospital Bundaberg has a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Clinical Coder to join their team on a part-time or casual basis (hours negotiable).
The Clinical Coder is responsible for the accurate translation of diseases, injuries and procedures into alphanumeric codes using ICD-10-AM and assignment of AR-DRGs within Mater Misericordiae Limited timeframes.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to work as part of a friendly and supportive team. The role is located in the Medical Records Department.
Knowledge of AR-DRG's, casemix, Private Hospital funding and health fund contracts is desirable. A minimum 2 years Clinical coding experience in an Acute hospital setting are also desirable.
Coding experience in a private hospital setting is preferred.
To be considered for this role you must:
- have introductory ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS Clinical Coding qualification or Cert IV Clinical Classification or equivalent
- have comprehensive understanding of medical terminology, either through recognised qualifications or prior experience.
- have previous experience with medical coding is essential and Australian trained (preferable).
- be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- have excellent organisation and time management skills.
- have intermediate and/or advanced ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS Clinical Coding qualifications or progression towards (desirable).
The appropriate salary will be dependent on current coding experience and expertise.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this position through our website at https://www.mercycq.com/mh/careers where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Bundaberg vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Kylie Keates at KKeates@mercycq.com during business hours.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"