- Posted by:
Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as 'the San', is NSWs largest acute-care private hospital, employing over 2400 staff, 460 volunteers and 1000 accredited medical officers.
Caring for our patients and our community has been our motivation for 115 years and remains the first priority of Sydney Adventist Hospital today. This is reflected in our mission statement.
“Christianity in Action – caring for the body, mind and spirit of our patients, colleagues, community and ourselves.”
A full time, part time or casual Clinical Coder position has become available within Adventist Healthcare Limited (AHCL).
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Completion of medical terminology and clinical coding qualification through HIMAA or OTEN or a Health Information Management Degree
- Minimum 2 years coding experience in a tertiary level hospital
- Experience using 3M Codefinder
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Well organised and ability to prioritise workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in an unsupervised environment and within a team
- Minimum 2 years of recent coding experience
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Training in ICD 10AM 11th edition
- Code health care records in accordance with the Australian Coding standards
- Participate in regular coding audits and quality improvement activities
- Liaise with clinicians and other professionals to clarify and seek further clinical information regarding coding queries
- Respond to internal and external departmental requests for information as required
- Provide assistance with other processes in the department when required
To be eligible for employment you must be: an Australian citizen or a permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or have rights to work in Australia.