- Posted by:
Ringwood Private Hospital is seeking a qualified and experienced Health Information Manager with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering high quality patient care to join our senior management team, on a Part Time basis. Above award salary for the right candidate will be considered.
As a Chief Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of Health Information Services team
- Management of clinical coding service to ensure all internal and external KPIs are met
- Provision of coding and clinical documentation education
- Health records management; ensuring confidentiality, integrity and security of health information is upheld
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Internal coding auditing
As one of the leading cancer hospitals in Melbourne's outer east, Ringwood Private Hospital provides high quality care for patients from diagnosis, including all aspects of treatments as well as end of life care. Ringwood Private Hospital treats patients across a range of specialty areas and offers a wide range of medical and surgical services, using contemporary equipment, in a state of the art theatre setting. With a focus on providing patients with full service healthcare Ringwood Private offers a coordinated cancer support services for all patients by a dedicated clinical team. Ringwood Breast Care is a specialised breast clinic at Ringwood Private Hospital that offers rapid access, state of the art, breast screening and diagnostic services for patients who experience symptoms or who are at high risk of developing breast cancer.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Extensive knowledge of Clinical Coding and Casemix
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check, a current Working with Child Check and proof of immunity to specific infection diseases prior to appointment.
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications close: 19th August 2021
For further enquiries: Georgia Banks, General Manager/ Director of Nursing 03 8804 4100
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.