- Posted by:
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Varied and challenging casemix
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
This position works within the Health Information Services department alongside 21 other Health Information Managers & Clinical Coders. St Vincent’s utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. Our internal coding deadline is 9 working days post end of month. We have monthly coding meetings which include education/presentations etc. from other departments. The option to remote from home.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, St Vincent’s offers varied Casemix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU.
About the Role
This role will supplement the existing permanent coding profile at SVHM as required.
You are a skilled and experienced coder with excellent attention to detail and the proven ability to abstract and code 4-5 episodes per hour.
Classifications for this role will range from JA7 - JB1 ($81,328 - $93,490 per annum pro rata). Casual rates apply
- Code inpatient episodes, in a timely and accurate manner, meeting internal coding quotas and assist the coding team to meet external submission timeframes
- Participate in quality activities, , organisational competences and other professional development opportunities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualification in Health Information Management or clinical coding
- Minimum of 2 years current coding experience relevant to St Vincent’s Casemix
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Managers Association
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand new systems
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
- All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.